I am shaking loose everything that is not soul, for myself personally, and this business.
We recently moved homes and many changes have happened in my life. I have been quiet lately as I have begun my journey inward, these deep changes are settling down around me as I grow new roots with what is now true for me and what I now offer to those on this journey with me.
I stood face to face with many fears and soared as I allowed Spirit to hold and carry me through them. I have manifested a life I once only dreamed of, and with that comes great responsibility.
One of the ways that I have been able to witness my growth and the changes that are occurring in my life is connecting with the Moon and her many cycles.
I have always been fascinated by the moon, ruler of our emotions, and the way it controls the tides and the historical accounts of the red tents. I have been actively doing Moon rituals consistently for the past year and the power of them has shifted so much for me that I knew I needed to share this with you.
In Native culture, the moon represents feminine energy. When women are on their moon (menstrual cycle), they are not allowed into sweat lodges, but are asked to stand guard outside and vision for the community, since they are considered extremely prophetic during this time. Two of the four sweat lodges I attended over the years granted me this experience, and it was deeply profound.
The moon was the way that our ancestors used to mark the passing of time each month, just as the sun was used to mark the passing of time each day. We no longer need the moon to tell us what day it is, but using the powerful Feminine Moon energy can benefit us all.
The Full Moon is a time to:
- Give gratitude for all we have manifested and created since setting intentions on the new moon.
- Look at ourselves and see what area of our emotional or spiritual lives need more attention.
- Let go of the things that are holding us back or keeping us stuck: fears, daily habits, negative self talk, etc.
- Take your sacred items and put them out in the moonlight overnight. Crystals (though, some can’t tolerate moisture, so those should be placed inside of a window that the moon will shine on), rocks, feathers, singing bowls, statues (think Ganesha, Buddha, Christ), rattles, etc. The moon’s energy adds another layer of sacredness to your items when done in addition to smudging or rattling them.
Full Moon Ritual:
FULL MOON AFFIRMATION
I GIVE GRATITUDE TO THE UNIVERSE FOR PROVIDING EVERYTHING I NEED.
I TRUST THAT SPIRIT IS ALWAYS TAKING CARE OF ME.
(I do not align myself with any particular religion or belief. I use the term Universe or Spirit, to honor the higher being that each of you may believe in. This can be God/Goddess/Buddha/Mother Earth/Gaia/Higher Power/Power Animals/Spirit Allies/Angels/ Guides, etc. You can call on any or all that feel appropriate.)
Things to Gather:
- Sage or Incense
- Calming music
- All your sacred items (crystals, rocks, feathers, singing bowls, statues, rattles, etc)
- Jars with lids
- Slips of paper and a pen
- A fire (in a fireplace, outside, or in a bowl that paper can burn in)
- Sea salt/Epsom salt
- Baking soda
- Your favorite essential oil
- Your favorite non-alcoholic beverage (save the wine for after the ritual)
- A cozy space where you will not be interrupted
Set Your Intention/Create Sacred Space
- Place your candle in a special spot to begin building your altar. Add any other sacred items that feel important to you at this time. I love using a Ganesha on a Full Moon Altar, since he is known as the Remover of Obstacles.
- Light the candle.
- Pray for guidance and protection. The prayer can go something like this (but, feel free to come up with your own): "Spirit, I ask for your divine guidance and protection during this Full Moon Ritual. May all that is done be for my highest good and the highest good for the next 7 generations to come. I give deep gratitude for the blessings you have given me in the last month including: __________. I trust that you will always take care of me, as you have done since the beginning of my existence. Aho/Amen."
- Create sacred space. Light some sage to cleanse yourself and the space you are in, burn some incense, and/or rattle. Call your intention for this time forward. What is your deepest longing at this moment in time? Hold that intention in your Heart and Mind as you move through this ritual.
- Put on some quiet soothing music. Some of my favorites for this are Deva Premal and Snatum Kaur.
- Grab a crystal, if you have one. My favorites for meditation are selenite, amethyst, celestine, or clear quartz. These crystals assist in tuning into our intuition more deeply.
- Close your eyes and connect to your breath. Feel the gentle rise and fall of your chest. Begin to slow your breathing down to almost double the length in and out if possible.
- Silently ask Spirit what needs to be released at this time. Trust what thoughts pass through your mind.
- Meditate for about 10 minutes, or longer if you desire.
- Make notes in your journal about what came forward during your meditation.
- Now that you are relaxed, centered, and peaceful, your intuition should be more accessible.
- Close your eyes briefly and ponder what is no longer serving you in your life. This may be daily habits, old beliefs around abundance and money, negative words of self talk, or physical clutter.
- On individual slips of paper begin to write down what you want to release at this time.
- Get the fire, or your bowl to burn the paper, ready.
- Say the following prayer/affirmation until you feel yourself smiling: "For my highest good and for the highest good of all, I release all that no longer serves me. I release clutter, negative words and people, and all things that hold me back from all the love, joy, good health, abundance, prosperity, and peace that I came into this life with. These things are my birthrite and I claim them all now."
- It is now time to release. Take each piece of paper and read it out loud before putting it into the fire or lighting a match to it. After you read each item out loud, say "You no longer serve my highest good. Be gone once and for all. I am done with you." Be bold and affirming when you say this each time. The Universe reads energy better than words, so feel and speak with conviction how truly done you are with each of these things in your life. Jump up and down, do a dance or wave goodbye to each of the items you burn.
- After all of your items have been burned, offer gratitude: "Thank you, Spirit, for how these things have served me until this point in my life. Thank you for removing these things that no longer serve me. And so it is. It is done. Aho/Amen."
Gather the Moon's Energy
- Take all your sacred items outside where the moon can charge them with divine feminine energy. As you place your items outside, give gratitude for their beauty and for the work they do, ask that they be cleansed and charged in the moonlight, and place your current intention into them as well. When you bring them back in the next day (preferably before the sun shines on them), give gratitude again for their beauty and for their shining new energy.
- Fill a few jars of water with lids on them. Place them outside with your other sacred items to gather Full Moon energy. When you bring this water in, store it in the fridge if it is not used immediately. You can use this water to drink, rinse your hair with, water the plants, blessings or rituals and so much more.
Full Body Release
- Water is a magical element that can cleanse energetically, as well as physically. Conclude this ritual with a warm releasing bath and cool shower.
- Bring your favorite beverage for drinking and your lit candle into the bathroom with you.
- Take 2 cups of sea salt and add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda and the 2 cups of salt to your warm bath.
- Keep the calming music playing and RELAX.
- Spend the time imagining into your life without the things you just released. Put a smile on your face and allow yourself to full-on Daydream.
- Soak for at least 15 minutes and conclude with a brief cool shower rinse off all you have released, feeling it all slide down the drain forever.
Ideally, this ritual is best done on the actual day of the Full Moon, but it can still be just as powerful in the 3 days before and after the Full Moon, if needed.
At the next New Moon, I will post a new Ritual about planting seeds of intentions for the month ahead. Stay tuned for that one. If you aren't on the newsletter list yet, be sure to sign up over on the right so you don't miss it.
May you have a sweet and Soulful release this Full Moon,
All love. All Soul.